Housing Society Accounting & Auditing
The audit of accounts of the societies shall be conducted by the auditor or auditing firm appointed by the society in its annual general body meeting within the period specified in the Act, from the panel of auditing firms or auditors whose names are listed as on the date of annual general body meeting and is approved by the State Government or authority authorized in this behalf.
- Examination of Accounts
- Enquiry into affairs of a co-operative society
- Whether working according to the provisions of Co-operative Societies Act.
- Scrutinizing activities of co-operative societies
Society Responsibility regarding Audit Time Prescribed U/S. 81 (1) ( a )
- The society shall cause to be audited its accounts at least once in each financial year and
- cause it to be completed within a period of four months from the close of financial year to which such accounts relate and in any
- case before issuance of notice of the holding of annual general body meeting,
- by auditor or auditing firm from a panel prepared by the Registrar and approved by the State Government or an authority authorized by it in this behalf possessing required qualifications and experience as may be prescribed to be eligible for auditing accounts of societies,
Society shall keep the following book of Accounts & Auditing
- Member Register
- Share Register
- Minute book of Annual General Body Meeting.
- Minute book of Annual Board of Directors Meeting.
- Cash Book.
- General Ledgers.
- Bill Register
- Individual Ledgers
- Voucher and Payment
- Bank Statement / Pass Book
- Stock Register
- Property Register
- Nomination Register
- “I” Form Register – (as per Rules – 32 and 65 (I)) (Section 38 (I) of the Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act 1960)
- “j“ Form Register – (as per Rule 33)
- Sinking Fund Register
- Monthly Collection Register
- “o” Form Register – (as per Rule 73) (Rectification Report Under Section 82/87)
- Investment Register